Sunday, December 21, 2008

Missing You


As Christmas day arrives upon us this week I begin to feel happy and sad at the same time when I think about my beloved grandfather, Hayden Pitman who left us to go be with his God and the love of his life in July of this year. There has not been one Christmas day in my life thus far he has not been a part of. The day was spent opening all of the gifts he and my granny spoiled us with, eating lots of good food as well as celebrating his and my granny's anniversary. They were married on Christmas day in 1941; 63 years of marriage when my granny passed 3 years ago. Their love for their family and each other was indescribable and it inspires me to strive to be the same kind of role model for my children and grandchildren as they were for me. These last three years my grandad had been happy to still be here with the rest of the family, but since his soul mate had been gone he did not have the same pep and glow to him especially on Christmas day. So as my selfish side wishes he was still physically here to celebrate another Christmas day and to soon meet a great grandchild who will be named after him, I know he is sitting in Heaven with his soul mate with that pep and glow restored watching over us. Please know how much you will be missed this Christmas and always.

No comments:

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers