Friday, May 29, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

Here are a few pics from Memorial Day weekend, just chillin by mom and dad's new pride and joy... their pool! As most of you know, my dearly beloved grandad (who Hayden is being named after) passed away a year ago come July. He and my granny put a pool in there back yard when I was 3 or 4 years old. We spent many, many summers by "granny and grandad's pool," many birthday parties, etc. It was a huge part of mine and my sisters adolescence and childhood. When my parents decided to take what grandad left them and put a pool in their backyard, I was thrilled. I knew grandad wouldn't have had them spend that money any other way. I think without it my mom would be lost this summer, and I would probably be asking myself all summer, "why am I not by the pool at grandad's?" Needless to say, I am so excited to see my parents play the role of "going to granny and grandad's" (but it won't be granny and grandad, they still haven't decided what they want to be called) They were such a big part of my life and I am so excited to see Hayden enjoy his grandparents as much as I did mine!





3 comments:

Rikki said...

emily! you look great! that maternity swimsuit is cuuuute!

sitting by the pool looks so fun! for some reason swimming with a 2 year old and 4 month old isn't as relaxing...but it's still fun!

Lizze said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and I know that Hayden will love spending time at his grandparents. What a blessing to have them so close.

Emily said...

Looks like a fun and relaxing weekend by the pool! I can't believe you are already almost 30 weeks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers