Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Little baby Hayden is finally here! Born 8/5/09 at 1:32pm weighing 8.54 lbs. and 20.5 inches
Here is the story....
Tuesday night Justin and I went into L&D to start the process. At 10:30pm they inserted a medication similar to Cervadil to get things started. It helped to start my dilation and effacement. Wednesday morning, Dr. New came in to break my water, I was only dilated to a 3 but totally effaced. After my water was broke, things really took off. I dilated from a 3 to 7 in about 3 hours. Contractions became very strong and yes, unbearable. I really wanted to try to make it the rest of the way without the epidural since I was going pretty fast but I was not able to relax, focus, or concentrate on anything and did not think I would be able to get the job done once it was time to push. Once I got the epidural I was actually able to relax and enjoy the experience, and so was Justin. I was dialated to a 10 about 1pm and had him at 1:32pm!!! It was an absolute miracle, as all of you mother's out there know. I too now understand what mom's talk about when they say it is the hardest but most amazing experience you will ever have in your entire life.
We are all doing well, we were able to come home friday afternoon. I am still sore, which is to be expected but feeling better. Justin is doing such a wonderful job, waking up with me to help with every feeding and has become a diaper and swaddle champ! Hayden did develop a little jaundice so we are having to deal with that. We have had to go back up to the hospital to have his bilirubin levels checked today and tomorrow. Depending on the results tomorrow he may have to have some photo therapy, but we are not sure yet. Please pray that they start to come down and we won't have to go down that road. Now for the most important part, lots of pictures.


Big boy!




first family photo!
first bath, i love this picture!
what a cutie!
ready to go home!
the two loves of my life!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely perfect! We are so happy for you guys. We will be thinking and praying for your little man with his jaundice. Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all!

Katie said...

Wonderful pictures! He really is so cute. Ryan was the diaper and swaddle champ too! We will pray for his bili count to go down.

Lizze said...

He is beautiful! So glad Justin is up with you. Jared could do diapers and swaddles like no one's business! Look forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks.

Kendra said...

sweet baby!!! Congratulations, friend. He is BEAUTIFUL! Did you know little Spencer (sister's baby) was born just a little over an hour before your boy? And you are right..being a part of a miracle like these little ones is the most amazing experience in the world. God is AMAZING.

Rikki said...

congraulations! he's so handsome--love the dark hair! i'm glad you're home and doing well!

Megan said...

Glad he's here!!! He is precious!

Amanda said...

Congrats you guys, and way to go Mama! He is beautiful!!
You're so right - this parenthood thing is the most amazing experience ever, and let me tell you, it only gets better and more amazing as the days pass.
Enjoy and have fun with him! We love you guys!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers