Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Update

An update from my 39 week appointment yesterday. My blood pressure was up significantly and I had gained 4 lbs in one week, which leads Dr. New to believe I am retaining water and starting to show signs of preeclampsia. In his words we need to "get this show on the road." So we are going to the hospital tonight at 9pm to "get the show on the road." In trying to cater to my wishes of a natural pregnancy, they are going to insert a medicine that will hopefully help progress my dilation and send me into labor, (best case scenario) If this doesn't work, he will break my water or we may have to resort to pitocin. Whatever the case may be, I am just praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both Hayden and I. Please keep us in your prayers throughout the next couple of days!

5 comments:

Emily said...

We are so excited for you and baby Hayden! Praying for you guys! We can't wait to hear!

Amanda said...

We're also so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your sweet baby boy! I have a friend who had to be induced and the cervadil the night before did the trick (not sure if that's what you're doing or not), and she didn't need pitocin or her water broken. Hope all works out like you've planned. You'll do great!!

Rikki said...

i prayed for you today! hayden's birth will be one of the most significant days of your life...enjoy it!

The Brokaws said...

We will be praying for you guys!

Lizze said...

We'll keep you in our pryers - praying for a natural childbirth!!! You can do it!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers