Monday, August 31, 2009

first road trip!

Last week Justin took off of work and we headed to Mimi and Poppa Ted's house (my parents) for a few days! Hayden's first mini road trip and he did great! My sister was home for a few days as well. It was great for Hayden and I to get out of the house for a few days. Hayden got to experience his first time beside Mimi and Poppa Ted's pool, where he will be many, many days in his summers to come! The water was a little chilly for Hayden since it rained so we just sat at the side of the pool to get some cute pics! Summer time for Hayden at his grandparents house is so special to me because that is where I spent many summer days pretty much my whole life until my grandparents passed away. My granny and grandad built a swimming pool in their backyard when I was 4 years old, since then we spent every summer there, had every birthday party there (my sister and I both have summer birthdays) and many other holidays and events. When my grandad (who Hayden was named after) passed away about a year ago, my mom and dad took the money from his house and built a swimming pool in their backyard. I am so excited about watching my kids have as much fun as I did swimming at granny and grandad's house (mimi and poppa ted)!!my grandad and i even before they built the pool in their backyard!

proud grandparents!

proud family!
these are a couple of pics i took outside at my parents house,
its kinds hard to see the humming bird in the picture below but he was pretty!

4 comments:

Lizze said...

Too sweet and Hayden looks very cool in his shades!

Rikki said...

i agree with lizze. too cool for school.

sounds like so much fun! and i like the humming bird...so pretty!

The Brokaws said...

It was great to meet your little guy! Hope to see you again soon!

Emily said...

Such a sweet boy! I am sure he will have many fun times with his grandparents in the pool!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers